Friday, May 2, 2008

Risk of posting selections early

I was very confident in Pure Clan's chances in the Oaks. My confidence was significantly lessened when I came home on Friday afternoon and realized that the track was sloppy and Elusive Lady, who was likely to press the pace, was scratched. I thought the she sloppy track and pace scenario would favor Proud Spell and Bsharpsonata, which is what I posted at the Starting Gate forum with around 12 minutes to post time: Post 10460: "The rain and the scratch of likely pace presser Elusive Lady has changed the complexion of the Oaks in favor of Proud Spell and Bsharpsonata."

I played Proud Spell and Bsharpsonata to win, and then used them as my keys in backup exactas, and I was pleased to get a generous 3-1 on Proud Spell.

Fair Grounds has once again shown that it is the place to prepare a filly for the Kentucky Oaks. Proud Spell joins Summerly, Ashado, Silverbulletday, Blushing K.D., Tiffany Lass as Fair Grounds winners who triumphed in the top race for 3yo fillies in America.

No comments: